Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Destruction 365... I suppose I had it coming.

I've been quiet lately... mainly because I haven't been able to capture any of the disastrous deeds of C with my camera, as they've been so very complicated...

First, C attacked the PS3. Something I've been dreading but didn't think that he'd actually do. Well. I was wrong. It was working wonderfully. As is our custom, we use it during the day to watch such educational DVDs as Futurama or The Lord of the Rings [what can I say, the kid has good taste]. Now, we don't watch TV and we watch a movie together once a day during the day. When I was switching the LotR Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition Disk One for Disk Two... it stopped working. I'd put the disk in and it would go in just fine.. but it wouldn't read it. So I actually spent the remainder of the day [and the following two days before S was able to take it apart and fix it] believing that I'd somehow broken it, not C. Which was a relief coupled with extreme frustration at myself.

But then S took it apart. A long, drawn out, curse-filled process [one which I took the kids for a drive to the park so as not to subject them to it]. You can imagine my surprise when we got home to a now-working PS3 with a puzzle piece sitting on top of it. C had apparently put the piece in on top of the disk and when I ejected it to put the second disk in, the puzzle piece fell down and.. well.. yeah. Chalk another one up to beloved C.

Then--despite the fact that we literally have ZERO money in our house [no, really--we have no cash. We strictly use our Debit Cards, we're a no cash household], C was sitting on the bed with my while I nursed Av2 and he started choking. Long and terrifying story short, he puked up a quarter [God knows where it came from] that was choking him about half a second before the EMTs walked through our door. I much prefer when the destruction is aimed at objects rather than himself. Sigh. Needless to say, he's fine. Recovered quickly and slept well through the night. We didn't, of course. We were up literally all night watching him sleeping, keeping our eyes and ears open for any changes in his color or breathing... sigh. Scary, scary stuff.

I suppose he then had to redeem himself. Because he somehow poked a hole in our TV. I am still to relieved that he's, yaknow, alive to be upset about this one yet. I'm sure it'll hit me in a couple of days...

2 comments:

  1. ok, I would love to know how he poked a hole in your TV. Andrew wants to get a new LCD HDTV to replace our old LCD screen, and I'm afraid these boys are going to break it after I've seen the abuse that has gone into our old one :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The freaking TINYTINYTINY little knife on my keychain. The keychain that was in a closed closet on the next-to-top shelf. _ _;; I swear he's either got a death wish or wants me to have a heart attack [x

    ReplyDelete